Pages

Saturday, May 1, 2010

City Lights

Yesterday we went into the City. I had some great fun at the Museum. First I waited till the security guard looked the other way in the Aboriginal Cultures Exhibit. He was guarding these quite amazing hollowed out log boats (at least I think that was what they were). I actually overheard his conversation with another security guard saying he was waiting there till all the children in the area had moved on. I don't think anyone had warned him about wombats. Anyway, so he eventually disappeared, and this is me, right here, on my way for a quick sit in that old boat:







After that we had a look at some other animals (they weren't locals like me, but I was pretty confused - and relieved, I hasten to add, that they were a) behind glass and b) all stock still). Not sure why there weren't any of us marseupials but I kept out of the way of the official museum types just in case they had any ideas.


No-one could have prepared me for what happened next. I kid you not. One minute, Ben and I were having lunch in the cafe... all very civilized, none of that having to eat in a cage business (see my previous entry for where I had my last meal at the wildlife park). Next minute I am minding my own business and then I have a narrow escape with this weird big guy who if I never see him again it will be a tad too soon: I tell you what, we were right out of there after that. Time for a bit of shopping and a quick pose in the famous Rundle Mall, right in front of the Mall's Balls.










Strange creation isn't it? I guess they call it art.

Here's Ben and me (below) having a last bit of fun before I find my way to my next adventure.



No comments:

Post a Comment